Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Team Giving: Fund Development Assistant
This position is perfect for a volunteer who is passionate about nonprofit work and interested in learning more about fundraising. Team Giving’s work matching volunteers with nonprofit organizations according to the time, skills, and passion promotes a culture of philanthropy and supports nonprofits addressing vital needs in our community. As a nonprofit, we are regularly seeking funding opportunities and would like to strengthen our development program. The primary duties of the Fund Development Assistant are:
- Conduct grant research to identify grants and funders aligned with Team Giving’s mission, including examples of past awardees, reviewing 990s & grant application requirements, and making inquiries as needed
- Work collaboratively with staff to complete grant applications
- Assist with donor cultivation, including issuing thank you letters
- Participate with staff in design and execution of seasonal fundraising campaigns
This position requires the volunteer to have strong critical thinking and research skills and is perfect for a person interested in a career in the nonprofit community. Volunteers must be over 18, with the following qualifications:
- Strong research skills, including collecting, analyzing, and organizing information
- Advanced writing and/or editing skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
This volunteer would be expected to commit to a regular shift of 2-3 hours weekly, with the option to work remotely as needed when appropriate. A minimum commitment of 12 weeks is expected. Upon expressing interest, volunteers should be prepared to send in a cover letter and/or resume to Team Giving staff.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: